19 July 2006

That Benjamin Franklin Proverb About Houseguests and Fish

Wednesday, 19:50: Phone rings
"Hello?"
"This is your mother. Pick me up at Shannon Airport at 7am on Sunday."
"Shannon is on the other side of the country."
"Yes, but it was cheaper to fly there on a last-minute whim."
"Oh right. You realise I'm in the middle of a move and have only the bare essentials left to get by on for the next 4 weeks. The house is upside down."
"It doesn't matter. I plan to reorganise all your drawers and put cooked food into the compost and do the washing up with floor cleaner and prevent you from watching Big Brother, all before I break everything that you had repaired since my last visit, anyway."
"Oh. Okay. See you on Sunday."

But as my mother reads this blog, I will turn this topic over to Forrest Gump: "That's all I have to say about that."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home