My Son the Sociopath
7:30 Saturday morning we came upon an horrific motorway accident at the same time as the ambulances and fire brigade. As any responsible parent would do, I immediately told Elliot not to look.
Elliot: Why?
Me: Because I don't want you to see something that may upset you.
Elliot: Are their brains spilling out and their faces half ripped off?
Me: Errr...
Elliot: Coz that would be deadly!
Me: You know, Elliot, you really frighten me sometimes.
Elliot: I'm not afraid of anything.
Me: Evidently.
Elliot: Why?
Me: Because I don't want you to see something that may upset you.
Elliot: Are their brains spilling out and their faces half ripped off?
Me: Errr...
Elliot: Coz that would be deadly!
Me: You know, Elliot, you really frighten me sometimes.
Elliot: I'm not afraid of anything.
Me: Evidently.


2 Comments:
But, really, if Elliot were the only one who wanted to look at car accidents, then there wouldn't be any such thing as rubbernecking. Hate to admit it, but I always look, too ... And I seem to remember my parents getting upset about that when I was a kid, and I turned out ... well, maybe that's not a consolation ...
Well, I did take the opportunity to have a good squiz when Elliot wasn't looking. But I didn't see any brains.
Post a Comment
<< Home